Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for the Golden Girls

Today's letter is G,
and seeing that I have a unhealthy very normal obsession with the Golden Girls,
I had to feature my favorite ladies.

I have the GG's on DVD, and I still DVR my favorite episodes.
I relate all real life experiences to GG episodes.  
For example, 
my mom and i were having a conversation about my sisters, and i stated 
"blanche was willing to give her kidney to virginia, and blanche didn't even like virginia!" 
Whenever I reference anything to the GG
My niece's favorite saying is
"oh wow auntie sina."

I guess some could say I have an addiction.
I say I know good tv when I see it.
 
Most of the facts I found I already knew, but I figured I'd share my knowledge with all of you. 
So here goes: 
 Facts & photo found here

1.) The show premiered on Sept. 14, 1985 and during its seven-year run, it won two Emmys and three Golden Globes. 
The stars of the show were Bea Arthur {dorothy}, Betty White {rose},
 Rue McClanahan {blanche}, and Estelle Getty{sophia} 
2.)  Rue was almost Rose, and Betty was almost Blanche
3.) The Golden Girls had as many pining exes and suitors as Carrie Bradshaw and Sex and the City
{and this explains why I love both shows!!}
4.)  The man who played George’s {Blanche’s deceased husband} illegitimate son is played by Mark Moses of Desperate Housewives
{mom and I have a running joke that I can currently recognize anyone who has ever been on GG, and this was the O N L Y guy I couldn’t place}. 
Let's not forget George Clooney played Bobby Hopkins, a cop who did a stake-out at the girl's house.
{this is my own fact because it's from one of my fav episodes}
5.) The Golden Palace was a GG spin-off, which aired from 1992 to 1993.  Bea Arthur opted out of the CBS re-imagining. Palace still featured a fantastic foursome: Betty White, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan and ... Don Cheadle.
6.) Estelle Getty was in her early 60’s when she played 80-year-old Sophia.

And that completes the fact portion of this post.
What's your favorite GG episode?


I wanted to give a very quick update on my accounting class. 
For all of my new followers, I had mentioned here and here
 the struggles I was having with this class.
I'm proud to report that as of next week, my class is finished!
By the grace of God, I can say I made it.
I didn't give up!
I'm so very proud of myself.

T.


5 comments:

  1. wonderful post. happy that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you and your class!

    take care
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen a few reruns of GG, but it is a very funny show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thomasina: I love Golden Girls, too. I like the episode where the bratty little girl scout stole Rose's teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - I watched Golden Girls as a kid (loved it) and still catch reruns sometimes, but it never clicked that Rose was Betty White. Don't know how I missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the GG...Sophia is my favorite :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...