Saturday, April 16, 2011

N is for Nehemiah

Seeing that today is the letter "N"
you know I had to dedicate this post to my
Nehemiah!

For those of you who aren't aware,
Nehemiah's name is a book in the Old Testament of the Bible.

These are the passages that inspired the name Nehemiah.
By the way, Nehemiah's name means to be comforted by God
pretty awesome right?!

 1 Early the following spring, in the month of Nisan,
 during the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes’ reign, I was serving the king his wine. I had never before appeared sad in his presence.
2 So the king asked me, “Why are you looking so sad? You don’t look sick to me. You must be deeply troubled.”
   Then I was terrified,
3 but I replied, “Long live the king! How can I not be sad? For the city where my ancestors are buried is in ruins, and the gates have been destroyed by fire.”
 4 The king asked, “Well, how can I help you?”
   With a prayer to the God of heaven,
5 I replied, “If it please the king, and if you are pleased with me, your servant, send me to Judah to rebuild the city where my ancestors are buried.”
 6 The king, with the queen sitting beside him, asked, “How long will you be gone? When will you return?” After I told him how long I would be gone, the king agreed to my request.

I loved the fact that Nehemiah was afraid, so he prayed. 
Very inspiring.

So here's to the greatest son a mommy could ever ask for!

lovin' those sun glasses

decorating the tree 2010

first day of school 2010

first day on the bus

first time @ the barbershop 2009

first time @ the dentist 2010

halloween 2010

enjoying birthday frosting

i think i can

mommy and baby 2008

playing @ the pond in his pull-up swimmers

dress up has always been his favorite

berry picking 2010


T.


3 comments:

  1. Nice use of the letter N, you have a cute son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post.. thanks for sharing.. peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so precious! I love the name Nehemiah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...