Friday, February 12, 2010

TMI

I know that in order to get people to follow your blog, you have to actually post something frequently. We all know that this is not one of my strong points. I have a ton of stuff that I could post, but I'm not sure if I want to. If I share my deepest thoughts and special moments, then are they really that deep and special?


One thing that I will share is that I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. My Fibro is considered severe and I usually have more bad days than good. I have an amazing physician and we're working together to determine what works for me and what doesn't. My legs bother me the most and I don't sleep well at night (even with medication). I've read that those of us with Fibro don't get into R.E.M sleep because our muscles don't relax. So, for the time being my posts will be about living with Fibromyalgia.

The sorta big news is that I'm dating someone! We're not in a committed relationship, but it's a possibility down the road. I won't go into names and too much information, but he's a great guy and I'm taking everything one day at a time. I figured I share this with you seeing that not too long ago, I posted about how bad I wanted to meet someone! The universe has finally heard my cry!

I think that being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia has opened my eyes to some things that I need to change. Because I don't often feel well, my tolerance for people has decreased substantially. I discovered that I'm only interested in keeping those friendships that thrive on give and take. I have to take care of myself in order to get this Fibro under control, and that means that I need love and support. The people who have proven to be supportive and loving are the ones who call or text me regularly, even just to ask how I'm feeling. I don't even mind those who check up on me through face*book. So, if I told you about my diagnoses and you don't have time to hear me whine, leave me alone and I'll call you when a cure has been developed!

It's really amazing to me that those who are supposed to be my nearest and dearest, only call to tell me about their problems; never stopping to ask about me. I'm not going to apologize for being selfish, but a friendship is supposed to be half and half; just like a romantic relationship.

Those who can't step up to the plate in my family better watch out too, or they just may end up going straight to voicemail whenever they call ! (I got a Smart*phone last Sunday, and I love the "straight to voicemail" option that you can assign to phone numbers).



Smooches





1 comment:

  1. It is never easy, is it? I hope you find peace on this new road of pain and diagnosis. Best we can hope for.

    As for getting followers, you have to follow others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...