Thursday, July 30, 2009

Movie Night

When I got home last night, I was so excited to see two red envelopes in my mail box. Yep, they were my Netflix movies. I was even more excited because the night had offered me the opportunity to sit down and actually watch the dvd's.

I decided to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic. Although I didn't find the book all that amusing, I decided to give the movie a try anyway. How bad could the movie be; she shops and looks fabulous right?

Just as any book-made-movie, the plot was much different. Instead of Becky living in England, she was in NYC, different but no big deal. For the first 30 minutes I was interested in Becky's life, mainly because of all the clothes, shoes and shopping. After that, it was a wrap; I was bored.

Maybe the movie didn't peek my interest because I was expecting Becky's character to emulate the infamous Elle Woods. Everyone knows that Legally Blonde is my number one movie of all time. Right next to Clueless. A smart, sexy girl who loves pink; how could I not love Legally Blonde? Although the endings to both movies are highly un-likely, I have to give Confessions a thumbs down. It was just too unbelieveable. I have to say I enjoyed the book much more, which still doesn't say all that much.

After the dissappointing movie, I decided to watch the other dvd.
I don't have cable anymore, so I Netflixed a series that seems to get a lot of buzz. I have never actually watched the show, so I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. Wondering what series I decided to follow?

Gossip Girl! OMG, I'm sold. After watching just the first episode of season 1, I'm totally hooked. I'm all for drama (especially when it doesn't involve me personally), and Gossip Girl definately is packed with it. I can't wait to watch the rest of season 1.
So I guess I could say that Gossip Girl saved the night. It's not often that I get the chance to sit and enjoy and a good flic, and I was utterly disgusted that I wasted a spot on my queue with Confessions. However, all those emotions flew right out the window once I started watching my new favorite series. I think I've found a new love.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...