Monday, May 18, 2009

Humble Experience

Only a few days left in Hawaii and then I'm off for home. I'm saddened that I have to leave this beautiful place, but at the same time there's some thing so comforting about home. Plus, I miss Nehemiah so much and I can't wait to see his smiling face. Today Mary and I went on a hike to a waterfall. It was so challenging! I didn't think I could make it all the way up, but I did! It was such an accomplishment. I wanted to turn around, but Mary wouldn't let me. Once we got to the top it started raining and on the way back down it was pouring. My legs are sore and I'm beat, but I made it to the top of the mountain on my first hike. Once we left the mountain and headed toward the beach in Waikiki, I was in awe at the sight of all the Coach and Prada stores! I looked on the other side of the street and I was even more amazed. There were homeless people all across the beach. I guess I'm sheltered seeing that back home there are no obvious homeless people. My heart hurt for these people. I may not be able to rescue these people, but at least I can pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...