Saturday, March 13, 2010

Louise

This morning I awoke with a pit in the bottom of my stomach. Today is the hardest day of the year for me and my family. Four years ago today, God called my Grammy home. I was very close with Grammy Louise; as a child and as an adult. She was the woman I wanted to be; strong, loving, caring, and devoted. Devotion doesn't even describe the relationship she and God had. Throughout my entire life, Grammy was consistent in her Christian walk. Whenever anyone had a problem they would call my Grammy; she was a prayer warrior. I will never forget the day I got the phone call at work; the call that said Grammy had gone home to be with Jesus. I know being home with Jesus was supposed to be comforting, but at the time, all I could feel was pain. And this pain has left a piece of me empty.

Today will be a challenge. I didn't sleep well, so I'm very fatigued. It's cloudy and raining outside, and I just feel plain blah. I'm dealing with some other issues at the moment, so these emotions of sadness and emptiness are raw. I will take time out to go visit Grammy's resting place. I will pour out my heart to her and fill her in on my life. I will cry and come undone. I will pray.

When I return home, I will be much better. Then next year will come and I'll do it all over again.

I love you Grammy!



2 Corinthians 12:9

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.


Encourage my soul, and let us journey on

For the night is dark, and I am far from home

Thanks be to God, the morning light appears

The storm is passing over, the storm is passing over, the storm is passing over

Hallelujah

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I am sorry for your loss! Death is never easy and those who are dearest to your heart can be very hard to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you were able to find comfort in her memory this weekend. Praying for you girl!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...