Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Another Random Moment

Let me start off by saying that today is an absolutely gorgeous day! The warm weather is sticking around and the sun is out shining again today. This makes for a happy day, although I am drop dead tired! I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight because I have to be at the office very early tomorrow. I have a very important staff meeting in the morning, so I need to be on my game. My body is really having a difficult time adjusting to the time change. It already demands more sleep, so I feel like I'm starting all over again with learning how to control the fatigue. I'm all about spring, but the rain is a different story. I hate rain; thunderstorms (they scare me), mud (gets all over everything), and dark skies (I need sun remember). Not to mention how the rain makes me feel; blah. Now, I love the sound of rain just as much as the next person, but I would prefer it at night (without the thunder and lightning of course), and gone by the morning! That would suit me just fine.

I have terrific news; Nehemiah slept in his room all night long! I had to put the nightlight back in his room, and….I had to be a meany and put the gate up. He was so angry about the gate (he yelled at Miss Cinnamon like it was her fault), but he fell asleep shortly after. He was still asleep when I got up this morning! When I saw his handsome face once he woke up, he was wearing the biggest smile. "I slept in my room all night," was the first thing he said to me. According to Nana, Nehemiah is having an excellent day. See what a good night's rest can do!

----------------------------------

Now onto the thinkpink247 random moment. Have you ever heard a song on the radio that made you turn up your nose because of the lyrics? I love music and you can see from my sidebar that I like a wide variety of sounds. On my way home from the office yesterday, I heard a song about a sponsor. The chic was singing about how her sponsor pays her rent and puts money in her bank account and crap like that. Let me say that when I hear the word "sponsor," I think about the people you give money to because they are doing something like running a race for a good cause. When I heard this song, I came up with the image of an old nasty rich guy buying stuff for this girl. I don't even want to know what the girl had to do to keep her sponsor. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but whatever happened to women being empowered all on their own? Would I like to have someone pay my bills, of course (it would make life much easier for sure), but I don't like the idea of being dependent on someone else. Especially not being dependent on some guy who I don't even love. I have always held the theory that I can do whatever needs to be done on my own. It may take me a little longer and it may wear me out, but in the end I can say that I did it on my own. That's such a good feeling.

There are so many stupid song lyrics, and this sponsor song is definitely going on the list!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Nehemiah! That's exciting!

    What song were you listening to? Do you know the name? I haven't heard it.

    But living in LA, you see so much of that, and it's GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Nehemiah!!! Way to be a big boy!!! Hopefully he had a repeat last night and another tonight!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...