Friday, April 30, 2010

A Touch of Keeping It Real


There is so much floating around inside this little head of mine. So let me give you the basics before I start on today's randomness. I'm very tired today {was at the office until late last night, so I didn't get to bed until close to midnight}. Nehemiah is fabulous and has started sleeping in his room again a few nights out of the week. This is not a battle that I have the energy to fight every night.
I'm tired ladies and gentlemen, so I have to do what I have to do to get some rest.
                                                  
Now, onto the randomness. Some of my favorite blogs are those written by individuals who are brutally honest in bearing their souls. So I've decided to try to be one of those bloggers. Get your seatbelts on and buckle up cause I can't promise that the things that are about to come out of my mouth will be tasteful…

First: I made a conscious decision about what my life needs and doesn't need right now. With that said, I decided to call it quits with the man friend. Yes, I did just post that he and I were official, but official isn't what I need. I need stability and reliability, both of which I was not receiving. I'm no longer the girl who sticks around for the sake of being in a relationship. I'm now the woman who owns her needs and wants.

Does this mean I'm heartbroken? Nope, not even close {really, I'm fine}. Will I take what I've learned from this experience and move on? Of course. Have I thrown in the towel on dating and falling in love? Not even close. Do I still want to be married anytime soon? Um, no. I realized this little lady is nowhere near ready to head down the aisle, unless of course I'm rockin' out a fabulous bride's maid dress for one of my besties.

Second: I weighed myself at the gym Wednesday night and I have lost 8 pounds! I probably gained it all back yesterday when I ate those 4 chocolate chip cookies at the office. Anyway, I feel fab and I'm not looking too bad now a days either! I promise I will put pics up soon. My tummy is shrinking and I love it.

I'm so proud of myself because by no means is this journey easy. I'm devoted to getting my workouts in and I have cut so much junk out of my diet. School starts again next Wednesday, so I'm thinking I will be hitting the gym at 5am. I mean business about reaching my goal weight and maintaining it. I don't deny myself any food and this helps me so much. I'm more cautious of calories because I see how long it takes to burn a good amount of them while I'm on the treadmill.

I have also been avoiding Mc*onalds. I will eat there on a rare occasion and I order a happy meal. It's still junk, but not as many calories as the yummy Big Mac. My bestie Sam {who hits the gym with me} teases me that I have turned into a rabbit because I eat so much lettuce. I do eat other stuff too, but I eat a ton of veggies and fruit. I'm a bit concerned that I may not be getting enough protein because I don't eat much meat.  What's your thoughts on this one?

Third: If you haven't gone out and purchased the Black Eyed Peas E.N.D CD, you have no idea what you're missing! I absolutely love this CD. I have even managed to turn my mom into a Black Eyed Peas fan!

Fourth: I'm starting to feel a little undone. My plate is full, and I'm worried that some things will start spilling over the edges soon. I need to cut back on some things, but I'm not sure what I can remove. I have no downtime {which is why the laundry basket of clean laundry has been on the landing for about 2 weeks} and I'm desperate for some. Help!

Fifth: I think I'm starting to overcompensate on some things when it comes to Nehemiah. I don't get to spend enough time with him during the week, so I've been a little lax on a few particulars. Yes, this is the real reason I haven't forced the sleep-in-your-own-room issue. I know he misses me, so is it so wrong to let him snuggle up with me at night?  Think long and hard about this one before you answer.

I've also been lax on the discipline issue. Before you scream at me, hear me out. When there is a major issue it is addressed, end of question. It's the smaller ones I let slide. You know, the ones like oh say cleaning up the toys. I realized this is a big issue in our house after I asked Nehemiah to pick up his toys and he said, and I quote: "If you want the toys picked up then you do it yourself!" Yikes! Yes, Nehemiah is spoiled in a sense {he is an only remember}, but I don't want to have a bratty kid. Where is the line between cop and push over?

Sixth: Tomorrow is my oldest sister's birthday, and Sunday is my mom's and my niece's birthday so we will be having a ton of fun this weekend. The weather is going to be very nice too and I can't wait to enjoy it.
So that's all I wanted to share. A little personal, but nothing you couldn't  handle right? You now have permission to take off your seatbelts.

Have a fabulous weekend the Thinkpink247 way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Taking The Time To Comment! I appreciate What You Have To Say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...